edTPA Alignment Tables work group website: http://assessment.pesb.wa.gov/home/wk-grps/edtpa-align-tbls
Welcome and introductions
- Charge from the Board:
- PESB Members directed staff to convene stakeholder work groups to examine the use of the edTPA and student teaching placements for pre-service candidates seeking to exit preparation programs with multiple endorsements.
- Colleges of education, OSPI content specialists and Dept. of Early Learning
- Stakeholder work group will review the alignment tables and provide recommendations for the Board’s consideration related to the number and types of:
- WEST-E assessments
Overview of Alignment Tables
- Alignment table of related endorsements (e.g. mathematics and chemistry);
- Alignment table of somewhat related endorsements (e.g. middle level math and chemistry)
- Alignment table of unrelated related endorsements (e.g. history and chemistry)
Review and Discussion
Outcomes/Recommendations/Considerations from colleges of education meeting Oct. 3, 2012
Recommendations/Considerations from OSPI/Dept. of Early Learning
- Recommendations for Board- related, somewhat related, unrelated endorsements
- Any endorsement pairs not covered on alignment tables?
- What if candidate wants more than 2 endorsements?
- Next steps
- Board presentation- November 8-9, 2012 ESD 112 Vancouver WA