WEST-B Extension

WAC 181-01-001 WEST-B Extension.

Candidates who are prepared and/or certified out-of-state applying for a Washington state residency teaching certificate under WAC 181-79A-257 (1)(b) or 181-79A-260 have up to one calendar year from issuance of temporary permit to pass the WEST-B basic skills test, provided that they have completed all other requirements for residency certification other than passage of the WEST-B and are thus eligible for a temporary permit under WAC 181-79A-128.

More information about applying for a Washington teaching certificate under these new rules can be found at http://www.k12.wa.us/certification, or by calling the Certification Office of the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction at 1-360-725-6400.