posted Oct 3, 2013, 1:50 PM by Patti Larriva
email sent from SCALE to edTPA coordinators on 10/3/13
Dear edTPA Coordinators,
The Secondary Science
handbooks and templates – both National and Washington State -
have been republished in the AACTE Resource Library, on the Pearson
ePortfolio platform, and on the platforms of the edTPA integrated Platform
The new version of the
Secondary Science handbooks and templates is Version 3, and the date on the
title pages is October 2013.
The Version 3 Secondary
Science handbooks (National and Washington State) contain the following
updates from Version 2. They are also listed in the Errata Sheet
published October 1, 2013.
The second row of Rubric 7 is missing and should read:
- Level 1: There is little or no evidence that the candidate links
students' prior academic learning or personal, cultural, or community
assets with new learning.
- Level 2: Candidate makes vague or superficial links
between prior academic learning and new learning.
- Level 3: Candidate links prior academic learning to
- Level 4: Candidate links both prior
academic learning and personal,
cultural, or community assets to new learning.
- Level 5: Candidate
prompts students to link prior
academic learning and personal, cultural, or community assets to new
The guiding question for Rubric 11 should read: How does the
candidate analyze evidence of student learning with respect to
- Level 3 of Rubric 15 is missing the following text:
Next steps are loosely
connected with research and/or theory.
- Level 4 of Rubric 15 is incorrect and should read:
Next steps are connected
with research and/or theory.
- The bullet points in Level 5 of Rubric 15 are
incorrect and should read:
- conceptual understanding,
- use of scientific practices during inquiry, AND
- evidence-based argument about a scientific
If you have any questions about these changes please contact edTPA@aacte.org.