WEST-E/NES Extension

Note: Questions about an individual's certificate or testing status should be directed to the OSPI Certification office.

Candidates who are prepared and/or certified out-of-state applying for a Washington state residency or professional teaching certificate based on WAC 181-79A-257 (1)(b) have up to one calendar year from issuance of the temporary permit to pass the WEST-E/NES subject knowledge test, provided they are eligible for a temporary permit under WAC 181-79A-128.


More information about applying for a Washington teaching certificate under these rules can be found at http://www.k12.wa.us/certification, or by calling the Certification Office and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction at (360) 725-6400.